Searching for Words inside Attachments from Outlook
Trying to find a document that you emailed to or received from someone. Here is a quick tip on how you can use Outlook Search to find attachments with particular words in them.
The Search feature is pretty good and is able to find words in most common documents including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PDF’s.
Here are two ways of searching attachments from inside Outlook.
- Click on the Search box and type attachment:word.
- attachment:Sanjay will find all attachments with the word Sanjay in them.
- attachment:”Sanjay Singh” will find all attachments with the words Sanjay and Singh together in them.
You can also use the buttons on the ribbon to achieve the same search without having to type the word attachment if you want.
- Click on the Search box. The Ribbon will automatically display the Search tab.
- Click More and then Attachment Contains.
- Type your search term in the space.
- Sanjay: Will return any document with the word Sanjay
- Sanjay Singh: Will return any documents with the words Sanjay or Singh
- “Sanjay Singh”: Will return document that contain the two words in that particular order.
Do you have any Search tips of your own? Let us know by leaving a comment on the blog.
- Charity Projects
- eeminders for Outlook
- Email Marketing
- Email Notes for Outlook
- EmailMerge for Outlook
- EmailTags for Outlook
- InsertText for Outlook
- Office 365
- Office Tip
- outlook 2013
- Outlook as a Business Tool
- Outlook Calendar Tip
- Outlook Contacts Tips
- Outlook Data Backup
- Outlook Email Filing & Management Tip
- Outlook Email Tips
- Outlook Installation/Setup
- Outlook Mail Merge
- Outlook Performance
- Outlook Search Tips
- Outlook Shortcuts
- project management
- QuickFile for Outlook
- Sales and Marketing with Outlook
- SendGuard for Outlook
- Sending emails
- Signature Switch for Outlook
- Smart Schedules for Outlook
- SPAM Filtering in Outlook
- Special Discount Offers
- Windows Tip