I have been working with my team on planning our main projects for the rest of the year. The discussion process was much easier with a pencil, an eraser and a blank printed calendar for each remaining month of the year.
Here’s how you can print out blank monthly calendars from Outlook.
Create a new Calendar Folder
• Go to your Inbox.
• Click File-New-Folder to display the New Folder Dialog
• Enter a suitable name (I used Temp)
• Change Folder Contains to Calendar Items
• Select a folder where you want the new Calendar to be created. (I selected the Deleted Items folder. I am only going to use this folder for printing i.e. I am not going to enter any real appointments in it)
View the new Folder
• On the main menu click Go-Folder List.
• Select the Folder from where you created it (under Deleted Items for me)
• Click File-Print
• Change the Print Style to Monthly
• Change the Date Range to the range you want to print.
• Click Preview
• Click Print
If you created the folder in the Deleted Items folder, you’re done. Otherwise you need to delete the Temp calendar folder that you created.
The last time I did this post, a user asked me why I didn’t just print my normal Outlook calendar. The reason is that I want to print BLANK calendars. My normal calendar already has my existing appointments on them which I don’t want to print out.
Does this tip work for you? Do you have other better methods? Tell me what you think by leaving a comment on the blog.